Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Meet the Farmer

This man.
There is no other like him. I can't even convey how much I love him. It brings me to tears when I think of who he is, what he does and who he will be. He works tirelessly for our family.
 Never stopping short.
 Ever.

He hits the floor in the morning makes coffee and gets going on the day. He NEVER stops.
He is a self proclaimed nerd. He loves gadgets, techy things and learning.
He loves rock music.
He can build a website and replace the brakes on his truck.
He loves the news.
He is the smartest man I know.  Ask him anything and he will likely have the answer. Seriously, he knows everything from pop culture to politics.
He has strong shoulders that lifts up a sleeping Jameson off the sofa at night as he says "come on Bud"
It melts me.
He has a soft heart and will crack a smile when he hears Madalyn calling "daddy... daddy.." when she doesn't know where to find him.
Sometimes, not often, he will get the giggles and laugh uncontrollably as tears stream down his face.
When he turns his hat backwards I know that he just got tougher.. and sexier and things are about to get real.
There is just something about turning your hat backwards that makes you smarter and stronger.
He hates washing silverware, but does the dishes almost every night.
He is happiest when he is on the tractor or working outside.
He not only believes in Jesus he loves and prays to Him.
He has owned 18 vehicles.. which is a lot given that he is only 33.
He loves bacon and prime rib.
I love when he fires up the chainsaw... mmm the smell of sweaty saw gas and wood chips
All of that chainsaw goodness with a hat backwards..umm yes please.
He cleans up nice with a button up and tie although I prefer work pants, sweaty shirt and work gloves.
He knows just what to say and when to say it, but he also knows when to just not say anything.
He is a very humble man and you will never find him tooting his own horn or wishing all eyes are on him. 
If you ask how his day was he will reply without fail "it was ok"

Not every day is rainbows and unicorns or peaches and cream.
Some days I want to poke him in the eye with a sharp stick.
Oh and before you get all worked up I know sometimes he wants to do the same to me. Hello, have you met me? I can be a little difficult and I like to have things my way ") which he mostly gives me.




I never imagined how much I could love another human until I really got to know him because
believe it or not when I first met him I wasn't a fan. Not even a little.
And he thought I was a snob.
The very same things I didn't like about him are the things I love about him now.
His strut. His tough guy attitude. His backwards hat.

 I pray for him everyday.
I ask The Lord to "bless his day" every morning when I pull out of the driveway.
 Big things are in store for The Farmer and I will be his by his side every step forward and every step backwards. No matter how steep the hill we will climb it together.. him with his hat backwards.

Blessed is me...


No comments:

Post a Comment